Call for Year 4 CREWS Commercialization & Innovation Interns
- Do you have a research project that has possible commercial potential?
- Are you interested in having an intern explore that potential for you?
- CREWS has four funded intern opportunities with very flexible timing.
- Initial inquiries for fall/winter interns due by Nov. 8, 2021
Key Points on Commercialization internships:
- $4000 stipend for approximately a one semester time-frame (can be open-ended with flexible starts, either later this term; December-January; spring term; or even summer)
- Open to either existing CREWS students or new students who you could recruit specifically for this internship opportunity.
- Internship focus must be broadly related to the research goals of the CREWS project (water quality). Personnel and topics do not need to be previously affiliated with the CREWS project.
- Could be supervised by a partner in either the private sector or a government agency.
To apply, please email the following information by November 8 for fall/winter interns:
- A brief description of the innovative idea, including the problem it solves and who the anticipated users of the innovation might be
- Name of the student and a brief bio
- Name of faculty advisor, and potential private/NGO/government agency partner (if applicable)
- The timing for the internship (anticipated start date; commitment of student hours to the internship).
- What the outcome/deliverable is anticipated to be (market assessment analysis; technical feasibility analysis; intellectual property/patentability; etc.); interns will present a brief overview at the next All Hands meeting.
Jakki is happy to brainstorm with you about your ideas and help dial in possible commercialization ideas/opportunities. She also has sample applications from past interns if that would be helpful. Don’t hesitate to reach out: Jakki.Mohr@umontana.edu or 406-544-5837.
Prior CREWS internships can be found here: